We are looking for candidates to work alongside young people in their homes. You need to have great communication and empathy skills, be flexible and able to problem solve and have a positive attitude with a sense of humour. No experience required, just a passion and drive to help young people reach their potential.
• The ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with a wide range of people.
• Basic numeracy skills.
• Good basic administration skills.
• The ability to liaise effectively with support workers.
• Commitment to work flexibly on own initiative and within a team.
• Ability to problem solve, set priorities, and respond to emergencies.
• Commitment to provide quality of service and customer care.
• To undertake any other duties consistent with the post as required.
• An understanding and awareness of the support needs of vulnerable young people (e.g. mental health/alcohol/drugs/homelessness.
• Ensure that client work is underpinned by safeguarding and the promotion of their welfare using a sensitive and assertive approach.
• Ability to set boundaries, to challenge appropriately, and to manage conflict constructively.
• Understanding of the aims of equal opportunities policies and commitment to implementing policy in this area.
• An understanding of Health & Safety issues.
• To liaise with client’s Support Worker and to refer clients to appropriate agencies in connection to their support.
• To provide appropriate assistance to clients in emergency situations (including outside normal working hours) and to arrange/co-ordinate the involvement of other agencies i.e., Police & Social Services (EDT Team).
• To maintain good relationships with neighbours and the surrounding community.
Various hours Monday – Sunday
£9 hour plus £40 sleep rate.
Call: 01452 226136