We are looking for candidates to work alongside young people in their homes. You need to have great communication and empathy skills, be flexible and able to problem solve and have a positive attitude with a sense of humour. No experience required, just a passion and drive to help young people reach their potential.
• The ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with a wide range of people.
• Basic numeracy skills.
• Good basic administration skills.
• The ability to liaise effectively with support workers.
• Commitment to work flexibly on own initiative and within a team.
• Ability to problem solve, set priorities, and respond to emergencies.
• Commitment to provide quality of service and customer care.
• To undertake any other duties consistent with the post as required.
• An understanding and awareness of the support needs of vulnerable young people (e.g. mental health/alcohol/drugs/homelessness.
• Ensure that client work is underpinned by safeguarding and the promotion of their welfare using a sensitive and assertive approach.
• Ability to set boundaries, to challenge appropriately, and to manage conflict constructively.
• Understanding of the aims of equal opportunities policies and commitment to implementing policy in this area.
• An understanding of Health & Safety issues.
• To liaise with client’s Support Worker and to refer clients to appropriate agencies in connection to their support.
• To provide appropriate assistance to clients in emergency situations (including outside normal working hours) and to arrange/co-ordinate the involvement of other agencies i.e., Police & Social Services (EDT Team).
• To maintain good relationships with neighbours and the surrounding community.
Various hours Monday – Sunday
£9 hour plus £40 sleep rate.
Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, ST2
Stone, Staffordshire, ST15
Ranton Green, Staffordshire, ST18
Telford, Shropshire, TF3
Telford, Shropshire, TF2
Chippenham, Wiltshire, SN14
Loughborough, Leicester, LE11
Dudley, West Midlands, DT3
Birmingham, West Midlands, B27
Cannock, Staffordshire, WS1
Swindon, Wiltshire, SN3
Call: 01452 226136